Religious Education Office Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- All other times by appointment.
Sacrament of Penance
Students are prepared and ready to receive this Sacrament during their second year of study. A two year program is required and parents are to attend all scheduled meetings.
Sacrament of First Holy Communion
Children will be prepared and ready to receive this Sacrament in May of their second year. A two year program is required for this Sacrament.
Sacrament of Confirmation
Candidates will be prepared and ready to receive this Sacrament in the spring of their Eighth Grade year. St. Anastasia’s Pastor must accept and approve each candidate to be presented for the Sacrament. All other requirements are distributed by the instructors and must be completed and approved before the Sacrament is received.
*Please note when speaking of requirements for the preparation of the Sacraments, it does not support that children are exempt from attending the program in intervening years. Children who are accepted into the program of concentrated study for the Sacraments are expected to be conversant with their faith in an age appropriate way.
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival and dismissal for all grades will be through Fr. Smith Hall.
4:00-5:15 PM for Grades 1-4
7:00-8:15 PM for Grades 5-8
- Doors to Fr. Smith Hall will be open 15 minutes prior to arrival time.
- Students are to go to their class table for attendance.
- There will be a community opening prayer before they head to their classrooms.
- Students need written permission to walk home by themselves after class.
- If there is a change in dismissal, and a parent is unable to pick up the child, please let us know by writing or by email. There will be a log book to be signed.
Any questions, please call (718) 225-5191